Fragistics is a Quake3 statistics program.
It generates several webpages containing statistics about the games
played from the games.log generated by a Quake3:Arena server.
The result of generating stats from sample logs can be viewed here.
At sourceforge: here
- original author: TroZ
- current maintainer: Roland Kübert
- written in C++, some sh and perl scripts
- Licences: GPL (C++ code) and Perl Artistic Licence (perl scripts)
- current project code size, incl. templates: 1.5 MB
Roland Kübert took over Fragistics in November 2009 and is currently
Previously, Steffen Schwigon took-over the Fragistics program in April 2002, as found on
Fragistics generates several webpages containing statistics about
the games played from the games.log generated by a Quake3:Arena
It seems there is no longer any maintenance of this program and the original author
couldn't be reached. Because Fragistics generates
quite cool statistics from Quake3 log files, Steffen decided to take this
GPL project and give it a new try by uploading it to sourceforge.net.
Mar 2010: Fragistics once again builds on Linux using the simple "configure; make; make install" sequence. Previously, some changes in glibc rendered Fragistics broken.
Dez 2002: The latest sources do quite good "configure; make; make install"
on linux and the program works on practically 100% of my logs.
The initial sourceforge release is based on the linux version
of the last public release v1.5 of the original author TroZ in
April 13, 2000.
After the initial release I assembled all changes I already did
to that program during the last months and published a
"resurrection" edition v1.5.1 containing:
- a makefile
- supporting shell/perl scripts
- new set of html templates (design changes)
My first aim was to bring Fragistics to build
again and release the updated sources, which I did in March 2010.
Apart from that, I plan to
Plans that Steffen once had:
- do a code cleanup,
- add documentation to the code and
- rewrite code that trhows compile warnings at the moment.
- There are some features in log files generated by newer Quake
versions/mods that I want to build into fragistics
(e.g., osp stats with accuracy info)
- create Debian packages, maybe RPMs too
- whole environment for a fully automated
statistcs generation process
- Maybe the statistics engine could be
encapsulated and then combined
with another more standard html template
The C++ code will stay GPL forever, of
course. And this is good.
Steffen's perl scripts are licensed under the
Artistic Licence because it seems
the perl community does this
quite often and he wanted to do his perl
programming the "perl way of life".